In back-to-back wins, the Mitsubishi Outlander plug-in hybrid has been named Green Family Car of the Year for 2024 by Green Car Journal.
- The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid achieved the Green Family Car title for the second time in a row
- The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid has also been named a winner of the annual Green Car Journal awards four of the past six years
Franklin, Tenn., November 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The awards keep coming for the Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid, the world’s best-selling hybrid SUV.1. Mitsubishi Motors’ flagship seven-passenger model was today named “2024 Green Family Car of the Year” as part of Green Car Magazine2024 Green Car Awards This is the second year in a row that the Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid has won the Green Family Car title, and the fourth time in the past six years that the model has been honored by publication in its annual awards programme.
“We believe the Outlander Plug-in Hybrid offers the right technology at the right time, and based on the results of the recent Green Car Awards, it appears the magazine’s editors Green Car Magazine “I agree,” he said Mark Chaffin, President and CEO of MMNA. “We all know that electrification is critical to our collective future, but not everyone is ready to make the jump to an all-battery vehicle. The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid is a no-compromise solution that delivers the best of the best: “Green engine, worry-free overall range.” , SUV capabilities and seating for the whole family. “We are honored to accept the Green Family Car Award for the second time in a row.”
Now at 19y This year, the Green Car Awards™ recognize new, or nearly new, models that support greater efficiency and environmental achievement while offering the features most desired by new car buyers. The 2024 Green Car Awards were open to efficient internal combustion engine models as well as hybrids, plug-in hybrids and all-electric vehicles, dominated by plug-in hybrid technology.
“This year marks the first time in the history of the Green Car Awards that plug-in hybrids have swept all three of our categories, and it’s no surprise that the Outlander, the world’s best-selling hybrid and a four-time winner of the Green Car Awards, was once again ranked among The best”. Ron Cooganeditor and publisher Green Car Magazine and GreenCarJournal.com. “The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid has been a perennial favorite of our editors because it offers so much confidence and convenience in such a smart, capable, and flexible package.”
The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid combines the superior efficiency of an electric vehicle, the advantages of a crossover, and the smooth handling of Mitsubishi’s Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) all-wheel-drive system.2 The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid features an all-electric driving range of up to 38 miles and is paired with a gasoline engine to combine for an EPA-estimated total driving range of 420 miles.3 The S-AWC system has been specifically modified to the Outlander Plug-in Hybrid’s unique dual electric motor configuration to allow for maximum performance and superior traction, especially in extreme weather conditions.
In addition to two consecutive sessions Green Car Magazine Family Green Car of the Year Awards The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid was also honored as Northwest Automotive Press Association’s Outdoor Vehicle of the Year and Puros Autos’ Latin-flavored SUV of the Year. The Outlander’s internal combustion engine sibling was also named to Wards’ 10 Best Interiors list and named Spanish Car of the Year by Hispanic Motor Press. The Outlander Plug-in Hybrid was also named a Top Safety Pick (TSP) by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Limited maintenance included for two years
Building on Mitsubishi Motors’ industry-leading warranty program – including a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty, all backed by a five-year/unlimited-mile roadside assistance program – and The type of customer service that earned the brand the No. 1 ranking among mass-market brands in J.D. Power’s 2023 Customer Service Index (CSI) study MMNA provides two years of limited maintenance on every 2024 Mitsubishi Motors vehicle sold in United State. The two-year/30,000-mile maintenance program covers three oil and filter changes, three tire rotations, and a cabin air filter replacement.4
For more information about the complete range of Mitsubishi vehicles, visit Mitsubishi Cars website.
- Based on new S&P Global Mobility filings for plug-in hybrids and all SUV body styles January 2013 – October 2022 Compiled from governments and other sources (where available). It accounts for 95% of global new vehicle volumes in more than 80 countries.
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) adds Active Yaw Control (AYC) to realize the AWC concept at a very high level. The Integrated Vehicle Dynamic Control system manages the steering and braking forces of all four wheels to help achieve vehicle behavior compatible with driver operation under a variety of driving conditions. S-AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. The S-AWC system cannot prevent collisions or loss of traction in all conditions. Use caution so that full attention is given to vehicle operation under all road conditions.
- An electric range of up to 38 miles on a full charge and a combined electric + gasoline range of 420 miles. Fuel economy combined electric + gasoline is 64 mpg. EPA highway mileage estimate. Actual mileage may vary depending on driving conditions. Use for comparison only.
- All coverage terms refer back to the original service dates and only applies to the original owner of new, retail models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the credit of the new vehicle limited warranty for 5 years/60,000 miles. Check with your retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.
About Mitsubishi Motors north americaa company.
Through a network of approximately 330 agent partners across the world United StateMitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is responsible for sales, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the United States in its recently announced medium-term plan – “Challenge 2025” – Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), parent company of MMNA, has committed to accelerating its efforts towards a sustainable, zero-carbon future, and has set goals of reducing vehicle CO2 emissions by 40 percent and reducing operational CO2 emissions by 50 percent by 2030 In addition, MMC has set a target for global EV sales of 50 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2035, leveraging a mix of plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEV), plug-in hybrid vehicles (HEV), and pure electric vehicles (BEV).
MMNA is headquartered in Franklin, Tennesseeas well as corporate operations in California, Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, Texasand Florida.
For more information about Mitsubishi cars, please visit the website media.mitsubishicars.com.
Senior Director, Communications and Events
Source: Mitsubishi Motors North America.
(Tags for translation) Mitsubishi Motors North America (T) Inc.