Main door broken – Times News Online
by justmclasscars.com ·
State Police in Pocono report the following accidents on the northeast extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike:
• Thomas A. survived. Matthews, 40, of Chester Springs, suffered injuries in a single-vehicle crash at 5:15 a.m. Aug. 30 in Kidder Township.
Police said he was driving a 2021 Nissan Rogue northbound near mile marker 97.5 when he lost control of the vehicle and it struck the center concrete barrier, coming to rest on the berm.
• Three vehicles were damaged in a mishap that occurred at 2:49 p.m. on September 4 in Pennsylvania Forest Township. No one is hurt.
It happened near mile marker 81.3 south when a vehicle driven by Abigail J. Myers, 20, of Wellsboro, failed to slow in time and struck a vehicle driven by Gavin J. Snyder, 23, of Schnecksville, police said. The collision caused Snyder’s vehicle to collide with the rear of a third vehicle, the operator of which police did not identify.
Police said Myers’ vehicle sustained front bumper damage while the other two vehicles sustained front and rear damage.
• Andrew Punkala, 57, of Wilkes-Barre, was cited for failure to drive at a safe speed after a mishap at 11:16 a.m. Sept. 4 at mile marker 71.5 in East Pennsylvania Township.
Police said a 2008 Ford Focus driven by Punkala collided with the back of a 2017 Toyota Sienna driven by Sofia Mironyuk, 19, of Scranton, after the latter slowed and stopped due to traffic.
Two passengers in the Focus, Wendy A. Punkala, 51, and David Atwell, 39, both of Nanticoke, were taken to St. Luke’s Hospital, Carbon Campus, Franklin Township, by Palmerton and Lehighton ambulances, police said. Police said the driver suffered possible injuries but was not taken to the hospital.
Mironyuk and six passengers in the Siena were not injured.
• Emmanuel A. cited. Pena Marti, 36, of Allentown, for failure to drive at a safe speed after a three-vehicle crash at 5:52 p.m. Sept. 1 in Washington Township on the northeast extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
It happened near mile marker 66.3N when a 2013 Kenworth operated by Pina Marti collided with the rear of a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 operated by Carmen A. Polotro II, 60, of Franklinville, New Jersey, pushed her into the back of a 2019 BMW driven by Jared T. Stefanik, 48, of Drums.
No one was injured in the accident.
• Salisu Bangura, 30, of Lansford, was cited for traffic violations and driving on a suspended license after a single-vehicle collision at 6:20 a.m. Aug. 27.
Police said Bangura was driving a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox northbound at mile marker 82.5 in Penn Forest Township when the vehicle crossed both lanes.
It crashed into the concrete central barrier, before crossing both lanes again and traveling up and down the embankment. He was not hurt.
• A crash at 6:06 a.m. Aug. 31 in a construction zone in Kidder Township left a Dunmore man cited.
Willie M. Barham, 50, was cited in an accident near mile marker 88.7 when Barham was driving a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado northbound when he failed to exit the roadway in a safe location to address mechanical issues with the vehicle’s trailing unit (utility trailer), police said. ). Police said the Silverado was struck by a 2019 Western Star operated by Keith Quattlebaum, 50, of Browns Mills, New Jersey, forcing the Western Star to strike a 2023 Cascadia cargo plane driven by Ilya Danilchik, 27, of Philadelphia.
Western Star was able to veer off the road into emergency pullout areas while the trailer separated from the Silverado, police said. Police said the Silverado and Freightliner suffered disabling damage.
A passenger in the Silverado, Barrington Walker, 49, also of Dunmore, suffered minor injuries and was transported by members of the Lehighton Ambulance Association to St. Luke’s Hospital, Carbon Campus, Franklin Township.