Pittsburgh worker disappears, abandoned in public works truck – WPXI

Pittsburgh worker disappears, abandoned in public works truck – WPXI

PITTSBURGH – Channel 11 Chief Investigator Rick Earle learned that a City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Works employee went missing in June.

His city truck was found abandoned.

It’s a condition you’ve never heard of, until now.

Tonight, five months later, there are still a lot of questions.

Pittsburgh police said they did not release any information because they did not know what they had on hand at the time.

It seems that any answers may be difficult to obtain.

It happened in the early morning hours of June 9 in the East End neighborhood of Lincoln-Leamington in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh police found a City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Works truck abandoned on Manning Street around 1:30 a.m. but there was no sign of it. City worker. Anywhere.

Earl spoke with Pittsburgh Police Chief Larry Sciruto about the case.

Earl: Do you understand that the city worker was kidnapped from his truck?

Ceroto: The way he disappeared remains somewhat unclear.

Earl: But he was in a city car?

Ceroto: This is correct.

According to police, the worker’s wife filed a missing person’s report with police at 12:30 a.m. on June 9.

She said she last saw him 19 hours ago at approximately 5:30 a.m. on June 8, as he was leaving for his shift at DPW.

Earl discovers that what happened during those 19 hours is a mystery, mainly because the worker is not cooperating with the police.

But the city administration will not release any details either.

So, there are a lot of questions.

Has anyone here noticed that he didn’t return to the department by leaving time and his truck is still out?

Why did no one report his disappearance?

Earl: Why didn’t the administration provide any information about the missing city worker?

Ceroto: At the time, I don’t think the city knew his exact whereabouts.

Police know he returned home two hours after his wife reported him missing.

She called the police and canceled the missing person report.

The city worker was severely beaten, and later that morning he somehow managed to drive himself to the hospital, police said.

“There is no doubt through hospital records and testimony that the victim was sexually assaulted. So, from that point, we do not believe there is a public safety concern, so we will not release any additional information from an organizational standpoint. That’s how we address it,” Sciruto said. “And that’s how we deal with all sexual assaults.”

Today, five months later, the city worker still refuses to tell police what happened to him. He said he does not want to pursue any criminal charges and wants to put everything behind him.

Earl: Here’s a city employee, on city time, on a city vehicle, does he have that option? Doesn’t he have an obligation to allow you to investigate this case?

Ceroto: I do not know what the city’s request is from the victim.

The president couldn’t answer that question, so we went straight to the mayor.

Earl: There was a worker kidnapped from his truck in Lincoln Leamington. It was in the city truck on city time, are you concerned about that?

Jenny: No, I will not discuss personnel issues.

The mayor refused to discuss the issue.

Earl learned that the city employee, who spent several weeks in the hospital, has been allowed to return to work with the city, although he will not speak to police.

Earl pressed Gainey again for more information.

Jenny: This is a personnel issue.

Earl: But it involved a city truck that was in operation with the city at the time of the city and tax money was involved. Are you obligated to tell what happened to this man? disappear?

Jenny: I will not discuss personnel issues. do you know that. I will not do that.

Earl: You can’t talk about any of this situation.

Jenny: No, personnel issues, I’m not.

Earl: Even though it involves a city truck, city tax dollars, a city worker?

It’s unclear whether the city’s Office of Municipal Investigations has investigated all of this, Earle said.

Sources told Earle that the worker was on the verge of getting a promotion before he disappeared.

The sources said that he did not get the promotion and was transferred to another public works department.

Police said they would reopen the investigation if the city worker decided to pursue the case.

download The WPXI News app is free For breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 news on Facebook And Twitter. | Watch WPXI now

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: