Pizza truck to be rebuilt after fire: Madison News
Good morning! We’re back in your inbox to tell you about the top things happening today in Madison.
First, your local weather:
- Wednesday: Possibility of scattered rain in the morning, clear in the afternoon and evening, cloudy throughout the night. High: 51 Low: 36.
- Thursday: Sunny in the morning, clear in the afternoon and evening, high: 51, low: 31.
- Friday: Partly cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, clear in the evening, high: 54, low: 35.
Madison in the news:
- House fire displaces 2, fire starts behind restaurant: Madison FD: Two fires broke out in Madison, Connecticut, one in a home and the other in a restaurant. Madison Hose Company No. 1 responded to both incidents with assistance from nearby fire departments. No injuries were reported, while two people were displaced from the house fire. (Patch.com)
- Shoreline Pizza plans to rebuild after the fire: A fire broke out at Grand Apizza, a popular pizzeria in Madison, Connecticut. Owner Michael Nuzzo plans to rebuild the pizza truck that was destroyed in the fire. Despite the setback, he remains optimistic about the future of his business. (wfsb.com)
Featured on patch:
- Writing a Shoreline Village Memoir At the Branford Community House, 46 Church St, Branford, CT, 06405 (Wednesday, November 1 at 3 p.m.)
- SHORELINE VILLAGE yoga chair Online (Thursday 2 November at 11am)
- Harvest Exhibition At First Congregational Church, 122 Broad St, Guilford, CT, 06437 (Saturday, November 4 at 9 a.m.)
- Health, Wellness and Aging Well Open House At Soundview Family YMCA, 628 E Main St, Branford, CT, 06405 (Saturday, November 4 at 9 a.m.)
- Crystal Marquis, “The Davenports” in conversation with Dame Catherine Gallagher At Our Lady of Mercy Academy, Lauralton Hall, 200 High St, Milford, CT, 06460 (Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 p.m.)
- Saint Francis Festival of Angelic Christmas Fair at 10 Elm St, Middletown, CT, 06457 (Saturday, November 11 at 8 a.m.)
- Want to see your event here? Promote it now
Thursday 2 November
- Sweet and savory charcuterie board of apple pie at Homestead Madison (7 p.m.)
- Secret sisters At Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center (7:30 p.m.)
- Madison’s First Candidates Debate at Walter C. Paulson Middle School, 302 Green Hill Road, Madison, CT, 06443 (7 p.m.)
Friday 3 November
- SMOS: Larry Schwartz from the business world to performers in steel drum and ukulele bands at 26 Meeting House Lane, Madison, CT 06443 (9 a.m.)
- Madison Farmers Market In Madison Green Historic District (3 p.m.)
- Scranton Library Mini Golf 2023 At EC Scranton Memorial Library (6 p.m.)
- Friday night live music series featuring Tony Souci At 1741 Pub & Grill (6 p.m.)
- We are messengers At New Life Church (7 p.m.)
Saturday 4th November
- Harvest Dinner at North Madison Congregational Church at North Madison Congregational, 1271 Durham Rd, Madison, CT, 06443 (9 a.m.)
- Beatlemania Back to the Future At Marjan School (6 pm)
- Tie Dye and Candle Party At Myrcene Ale Co., 39 Ragged Rock Rd, Old Saybrook, CT, 06475 (3 p.m.)
Monday 6 November
- Inland Wetlands and Waterways Agency In the meeting via Zoom – (7 pm)
- Valley Shore Toastmasters Club at 29 Bradley Road, Madison, CT 06443 (7 p.m.)
Tuesday 7 November
- Municipal Elections – Legal Notice Time – (6 AM)
Wednesday 8 November
- Coughlin Johnny At the Irish American Community Center, 9 Venice Pl, East Haven, CT, 06512 (7:30 p.m.)
Note: Please double check event details with the organizers. Click on the event start time to learn more.
Here’s what your neighbors and local leaders are talking about.
- Madison Houzz Company #1: “On Saturday at 4:16 p.m., Madison Houzz received a message that there was a fire at the 542 Boston Post Road building in the city’s Green Zone. Dispatch received several calls with smoke billowing from the roof line. While volunteers were…” (Facebook)
You are now in the loop for the day. see you soon!
— Brian McCready
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for the next Madison, CT Patch newsletter? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org