An Elkhart man was hospitalized and a Goshen woman was issued a ticket after a crash in Goshen Thursday afternoon.
Justin Davis, 43, Elkhart, told police he pulled into a driveway on Olive Street at 4:57 p.m. Thursday in a purple Jeep Wrangler to pick up his daughter, but pulled into the wrong lane. When he reversed, his view was blocked by a tree, so he was unable to see the white Acura Rdx driven by Elizabeth Resendez Arenas, 40, Goshen, pass and the two vehicles collided on the road.
Davis was taken to the hospital due to pain in his left side and back. Resendiz Arenas suffered bruising to her left wrist and complained of pain in her face but refused medical assistance at the scene. Resendiz Arenas was also fined for driving without a license.
A 16-year-old boy was cited and released by Goshen police at 8:01 a.m. Thursday after a crash on S. 11th Street. The boy was cited for driving without a license.
- Goshen police arrested Fernando Hernandez Lopez, 18, on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and never having a driver’s license at 7:12 p.m. Thursday after he was called a reckless driver near Garden Street and North Fifth Street. Hernandez-Lopez was booked into the Elkhart County Jail.
- Francisco Olvera Juarez, 43, was arrested by Elkhart County deputies on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 12:40 p.m. Thursday after police received a report of a black BMW driving recklessly on U.S. 20 and crashing into a vehicle. In front of her. . Juarez was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
- Deborah Caprarota, 67, was arrested by Elkhart County deputies on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated at 6:55 pm Thursday after being involved in a car accident on CR 3 north of CR 28. Caprarota was booked into the Elkhart County Jail.
- James Kosholik, 61, was arrested by Elkhart County deputies at 7:18 p.m. Thursday on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after officers arrived to assist a vehicle with a driver slumped over the wheel after running off the road on U.S. 20. Kosholik He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County Jail.
Rayvon Williams, 27, homeless, failed to return to lawful custody at Work Release, 201 N. Cottage Ave., at 12:42 a.m. and is considered AWOL.
Hit and run
Joseph Wodtke reported to Elkhart County deputies at 6:43 a.m. Thursday that a passing vehicle struck the driver’s side mirror of his vehicle near CR 21 and Ind. 119, and left without leaving any information.
- Andrew Goodman reported to Elkhart County deputies that between 12:30 and 4:15 p.m. Tuesday, someone broke into his home at 57079 CR 35 and stole his AR pistol.
- Lanora Patterson told Elkhart County deputies that between 3:26 and 4:20 a.m. Thursday, someone stole two cars and six sets of keys from her business Sai La Auto Sales, 30602 Old US 20, Elkhart.
- Antonio Alvarado reported to Elkhart County deputies that between 6pm Wednesday and 1pm Thursday, someone entered his residence at 28373 CR 20 and stole numerous tools, wood flooring and ceramic tile with a total value of approximately $4,050.
Goshen police were called to Rogers Park, 102 Chicago Street, in reference to a battery at 8:48 p.m. Thursday. Upon arrival, a 45-year-old woman told police that she had been beaten by an unknown man who then stole her bike.
- Goshen police received a report at 8:37 a.m. Thursday that someone at Lippert Plant 50, 2602 College Ave., was working under someone else’s identity.
- Jason Berkey reported to Goshen police at 3:50 pm Thursday that someone committed fraud on his bank account on August 21, at 307 Nebraska Dr.
The vehicle has been recovered
A representative from Enterprise Rent-A-Car called Goshen Police at 9:21 a.m. Thursday to report that someone had attempted to locate a vehicle that had been reported not returned from Haines City, Florida, and was located via GPS. At 1375 Park 33rd, Goshen. A 2023 Toyota Tacoma pickup was placed in the parking lot unattended. Haines City Police were contacted, and the vehicle was impounded at the request of Enterprise Car Rental.