Police log: Cases of disappearance of a Hyundai car and an inexperienced delivery truck driver in the call list
Editor’s Note: Law enforcement report is based on information provided by the Philomath Police Department, Benton County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police. Not all service calls may be included. The status of the events may change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. Individuals are only identified in the registry if they have been arrested on criminal charges. The events have not been identified. Persons arrested or suspected of committing crimes are considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Philomath Police Department
the daily reports
Friday November. 10
• 9:55 a.m. — Police reported seeing an unoccupied black Hyundai sedan parked in the bike lane and partial lane of traffic in the 2400 block of Applegate Street, the same vehicle that police had received several complaints about before it was found. Police went to the registered owner’s Philomath address and called a tow truck as its location created a traffic hazard. But when police returned to the Applegate Street location, the Hyundai was gone and the tow truck had not yet arrived.
Other calls: Police responses included a non-911 problem at 8:44 AM (Applegate Street), a 911 hang-up call at 9:29 AM (Main Street), a welfare check at 4:04 PM (Vincent Street), and an animal complaint at 5:15 PM (North Ninth Street and Quail Glenn Drive) and a parking complaint at 5:52 PM (South 12th Street). PPD reported five traffic stops.
Saturday, November. 11
• 8:12 p.m. – Police transported a 51-year-old Philomath man experiencing a mental health crisis to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis.
Other calls: PPD reported one traffic stop.
Sunday, November. 12
• No calls of significance were reported.
Other calls: Police responses included a suspicious circumstance at 11:16 a.m. (Adelaide Road). PPD reported three traffic stops.
Monday, November. 13
• 6:26 p.m. — Police arrested a 76-year-old Philomath man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence (blood alcohol content of 0.15 to 0.19) during a traffic stop in the 1400 block of Main Street.
Other calls: Police responses included a 911 call at 1:59 PM (Main Street) and a report of threats at 5:33 PM (Newton Street). PPD reported six traffic stops.
Tuesday, November. 14
• 11 p.m. – Police arrested a 45-year-old Corvallis man on a warrant for contempt of court. A citation was issued in lieu of detention.
Other calls: Police responses included a welfare check at 4:23pm (Main Street). PPD reported eight traffic stops.
Wednesday, November. 15
• 12:11 p.m. – Police responded to a verbal disturbance in the 2000 block of Applegate Street. A report was prepared on the incident and the case number was determined.
• 1:38 p.m. – Police responded to a report of third-degree robbery in the 300 block of North Seventh Street. No other details were provided other than taking a report and assigning a case number.
Other calls: Police responses included a report of trespassing at 12:50 a.m. (Main Street). Additionally, police assisted the Benton County Sheriff’s Office with a call at 3:57 PM (SW 53rd Street, Corvallis). PPD reported 15 traffic stops.
Thursday, November. 16
• 7:47 a.m. — Police responded to a traffic hazard involving a delivery truck operated by an inexperienced driver that was blocking the road near North 19th Street and Main Street. The car has been moved.
Other calls: Police responses included a report of reckless driving at 8:53 a.m. (Main Street). PPD reported seven traffic stops.
Saturday October. 28
• 2:49 a.m. – Police responded to a single-vehicle crash at Main Street and Newton Avenue, where a pickup truck struck a utility pole at Main Street and Newton Avenue. The driver, a 51-year-old Philomath man who was taken to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center with minor injuries, was later arrested on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence (blood alcohol content of 0.20 or higher). See separate updated story.
Tuesday, October. 31
• 7:47 p.m. – Police responded to a report of an assault in the 600 block of Main Street. Later on November 9, police arrested a 57-year-old Philomath man on a misdemeanor charge of third-degree criminal mischief with criminal damage. The arrested person reportedly assaulted the victim and broke three of his cameras.
Friday November. 3
• 6:07 a.m. — Police conducted a death investigation at a home in the 200 block of South Ninth Street. It was ruled that death was due to natural causes.
• 8:48 p.m. – Police responded to a report of trespassing at an Avondale Place residence, involving a man who refused to leave his home after it was sold. Police arrested a 32-year-old Philomath man on misdemeanor charges of second-degree criminal trespass and improper use of 911.
Sunday, November. 5
• 4:46 p.m. — Police arrested a 57-year-old Springfield man on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence (blood alcohol test refused) during a traffic stop in the area near Interstate 20 and Kings Valley Highway.
Benton County Sheriff’s Office
Thursday, October. 26
• 9:20 a.m. — Deputies arrested a 68-year-old Philomath man at a Main Street residence on 11 active warrants for failure to appear during a planned sex offender compliance operation. Due to medical restrictions, the man was issued citations in lieu of custody and released.
Sunday, November. 5
• 6:20 p.m. – Deputies arrested a 26-year-old Aloha man on misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence (drugs) and reckless driving during a traffic stop on Interstate 20 outside Philomath for a vehicle without visible plates and failure to maintain lane.
Wednesday, November. 8
• 12:55 p.m. – Deputies responded to a report of a dog that nearly caused a wreck while running loose on Kings Valley Highway. A warning has been issued to the dog’s owner.
Thursday, November. 9
• 8:28 a.m. – Deputies responded to a hit-and-run at an Iris Circle address involving a 72-year-old woman who drove her vehicle past a resident’s home, through the backyard and into a heavily wooded area. See separate story.
Friday November. 10
• 9:13 a.m. – Deputies transported a stray dog from Blitz Lane in Blodgett to Heartland Humane Society in Corvallis to be impounded. The dog was an adult male neutered black lab mix wearing a blue harness and some markings.
• 4:26 p.m. – Deputies arrested Mikal Keith Stanley, 32, of Blodgett, on a felony arrest warrant out of Tennessee for failure to register as a sex offender. He was booked into the Benton County Jail.
Oregon State Police
Sunday, November. 12
• 2:08 a.m. – Troopers responded to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 551 about a mile south of the Highway 5 interchange, which claimed the life of Antonio Davila Rodriguez, 40, of Tualatin. OSP’s preliminary investigation indicated that a Honda Civic driven by Rodriguez was southbound when it veered off the road for unknown reasons, struck a concrete barrier head-on and rolled. Rodriguez was pronounced dead at the scene.